As the IOP Clinical Therapist you will provide clients with intensive group and individual therapy with addictions by providing clinical services and education. You will also develop a consistent plan of treatment for overall client experience.
- Plan for and implement evidence-based skills and process groups
- Facilitate recovery-focused and trauma-informed individual and family therapy
- Perform intake, ongoing, and discharge assessments
- Document client progress and recommendations for care
- Facilitate case management assessment and care coordination within and outside of the agency
- Maintain client records as required by NorthStar Transitions and the Office of Behavior Health, and The Joint Commission.
- Determine and evaluate program efficacy and client progress through outcome measures
- Engage in professional development of mental health and substance abuse counseling, including evidence-based practices, as well as program development
- Participate in weekly team meeting
- Participate in regular supervision
- Complete trainings related to agency mission, clinical model, and job responsibilities
- Participate in marketing events and community education events
- Supervise/mentor graduate-level internship students
- Evening coverage of groups as needed
- Master’s degree in the counseling field and actively working toward licensure as LPC, LCSW, LMFT, and/or credentialing as a CAS
- Licensure and/or CAS or LAC preferred
- One year of clinical experience
- Thorough knowledge of psychotherapy, substance abuse, and process disorders treatment modalities, not limited to: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Trauma-Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, 12 Step.
- Ability to facilitate experiential and somatic-based interventions
- Knowledge of and ability to diagnose using DSM V and ASAM
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, OBH regulations for Substance Use Disorders treatment facilities and managed care requirements of insurance partners.
- Ability to perform clinical assessments and develop strengths-based, client-centered treatment plans
- Knowledge of program development and outcome measures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to navigate conflict
- Good technical skills, including the ability to navigate Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Record, and google email systems
- Excellent organizational skills
As a condition of employment, you will be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and any subsequent boosters). Medical exemptions or religious accommodations may be requested.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Critical and Accident after waiting period
- 401k after 1 year waiting period
**NorthStar Transitions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran, disability status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.