NorthStar Transitions LLC works closely with Boulder Sober Living to provide sober living environments to clients participating in our programs.
NorthStar Transitions clients and guarantors are required to enter into a lease agreement with Boulder Sober Living separate from the services agreement entered into with NorthStar Transitions. NorthStar Transitions program clients have the option of living in a Boulder Sober Living home and also may choose to live in their own residence.
Boulder Sober Living operates several sober living homes in the City of Boulder. Each of their sober living homes is centrally located in the City of Boulder within walking distance of the NorthStar Transitions clinical office, the University of Colorado, grocery stores, gyms, etc. All of the Boulder sober living homes are located on the bus line to provide easy transport to downtown Boulder and the Pearl Street Mall.
Boulder Sober Living homes are newly renovated and updated. All sober living homes are fully furnished including all cookware, utensils etc. All utilities, cable and wifi are included at each Boulder Sober Living home. Each client is provided an $80.00 grocery card each week and an unlimited pass to the local recreation center. Clients may begin in a shared room and transition to a private room with seniority based on availability.
Boulder Sober Living clients are required to participate in a house meeting each week and to perform household chores throughout the week such as cleaning the kitchen, living room, snow shoveling etc.
A house manager checks on Boulder Sober Living clients several times each day to help ensure clients adherence to house rules. The house manager also enforces curfew and facilitates weekly house meetings.
Boulder Sober Living (BSL) House Rules:
- Resident may not be under the influence of or be in possession of illegal drugs or alcohol at any time while a resident of BSL.
- Resident may not be under the influence of or be in possession of any prescription drug or over-the-counter drug without the pre-approval of BSL.
- Resident shall consent to and produce drug and/or alcohol tests immediately upon request.
- Resident shall not make any verbal threats or perpetrate any physical assaults while a resident of BSL.
- Resident shall not commit any crime while a resident of BSL.
- Resident shall not damage any property of BSL.
- No smoking or vaping inside the house including screened in porches.
- Resident shall not alter any BSL property including painting, hanging shelves, changing locks etc.
- Resident may not have any guests over at any time.
- Resident shall actively participate in outpatient treatment through an outside agency while a resident of BSL. Resident agrees to have a valid ROI on file with outside agency while a resident of BSL in the event a HIPPA compliant Business Associate agreement is not in place. If resident is terminated from treatment while a resident of BSL then resident shall also be terminated from housing at BSL.
- Resident shall perform house chores as required by BSL which may include but will not be limited to:
- Watering the grass
- Shoveling the sidewalk
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Tidying room and personal space
- Tidying and cleaning common areas
- Sweeping and mopping
- Resident shall abide by a curfew of 11:00 p.m. Sunday–Thursday nights and 12:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights. Residents shall remain at the home from curfew through 6:00 a.m. the following day.
- Resident shall not create any loud noises or disturbances at any time and shall not create excessive outside noise between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Resident shall be responsible for his or her own medical and/or psychiatric care while a resident of BSL including obtaining and refilling prescriptions.
- Resident shall immediately inform BSL of any needed repairs or maintenance or dangerous condition on the premises.
- Resident shall keep the area outside the house free from trash, cigarette butts, vehicles and other objects that may be deemed as eyesores in BSL’s sole discretion.
Boulder Sober Living Amenities:
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Queen sized beds with luxury bedding
- Updated and renovated fixtures
- Premium cable and wifi
- Phone and computer permitted
- $80.00 per week grocery card
- Unlimited pass to recreation center (gym)
- Centrally located the City of Boulder
- Rides to PHP/IOP provided
Boulder Sober Living requires a minimum 90 day lease agreement. Boulder Sober Living charges a $3,000.00 per month fee for sober living and a $500.00 refundable security deposit upon move in. Health insurance does not cover the cost of sober living housing. For more information on Boulder sober living homes, please e-mail email@example.com.