Thank you for your interest in NorthStar Transitions’ addiction treatment programs. On this page you will find information regarding admission to our sub-acute detox, residential, day treatment and intensive outpatient treatment programs. All admissions decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please reach out to one of our admissions counselors today at 303-558-6400 or submit your insurance information here to get the process started.
Overview of the admission process:
- Client and/or client’s family makes initial contact with NorthStar Transitions admissions counselor to gather information on the program.
- NorthStar Transitions performs verification of insurance benefits.
- NorthStar Transitions calls financially responsible party to discuss insurance coverage and cost of treatment.
- An over the phone pre-admission assessment is performed with the prospective client.
- The results of the pre-admission assessment are reviewed by the clinical team to determine appropriateness of client for the program.
- If client is accepted, a services agreement must be signed by the client and his or her financial guarantor.
- An admission date and time is scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Some exceptions made for Residential level of care
Admission criteria include but are not limited to:
- Client cannot have a diagnosis of Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder or active psychosis. Bipolar 1 disorder will be considered if the client is stabilized on medications.
- Client must be medically stable
- Client must be ambulatory and able to participate fully in programming
- Client cannot currently be taking benzodiazepines
- Controlled medications will be turned into NorthStar for safe holding and self-administration will be monitored as directed by Medical Director.
- Client cannot be a registered sex offender or awaiting adjudication on a sex related crime.
- Client cannot have been convicted of a violent felony within the immediately preceding five years. Past criminal history will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Residential Intake Items List:
What to bring:
- Hiking boots/snow boots/tennis shoes – A good pair of boots will go a long way for the types of activities we like to do outdoors.
- Snow gear: Hats/Gloves/Scarfs/ski pants/socks/warm clothes – Prepare for the seasons in Colorado. We do like to get outside in the mountain areas for adventure therapy days, so come prepared for the elements!
- Workout clothes/tennis shoes – Women in the residential program go to the YMCA multiple times during the week, and men in the residential program have access to an in-home gym and outdoor hiking for daily exercise. We offer yoga onsite as well.
- Nalgene water bottle – Staying hydrated is super is super important in early recovery and as we are outside often, a water bottle comes in handy.
- Musical Instruments – We love to encourage musical abilities in this environment!
- Sunglasses – We are in and out of the facility often, especially on sunny days!
- Headphones/MP3 player – non-wifi connectable only!
- Cigarettes – We make one nicotine run per week, so bring enough cigarettes to last for the week and money to buy more at that time. Please note that smoking is only allowed at the women’s residential location.
- Hair dryer/curling iron/brushes/combs
What not to bring:
- Anything sharp
*Non-electric razors – any sharp blade – Will be provided by staff when needed
- Any open hygiene products or other bottles
- Anything alcohol based
- Wifi connectable devices, phones, computers
- Workout supplements
- Pets/Service Animals
To begin the admission process, please call 303-558-6400 or click here to verify your insurance benefits.
*NorthStar Transitions operates under HIPAA and 42 CRF.