Thank you for your interest in NorthStar Transitions’ addiction treatment programs. On this page you will find information regarding admission to our sub-acute detox, residential, day treatment and intensive outpatient treatment programs. All admissions decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please reach out to one of our admissions counselors today at 303-558-6400 or submit your insurance information here to get the process started.
Overview of the admission process:
- Client and/or client’s family makes initial contact with NorthStar Transitions admissions counselor to gather information on the program.
- NorthStar Transitions performs verification of insurance benefits.
- NorthStar Transitions calls financially responsible party to discuss insurance coverage and cost of treatment.
- An over the phone pre-admission assessment is performed with the prospective client.
- The results of the pre-admission assessment are reviewed by the clinical team to determine appropriateness of client for the program.
- If client is accepted, a services agreement must be signed by the client and his or her financial guarantor.
- An admission date and time is scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Some exceptions made for Residential level of care
Admission criteria include but are not limited to:
- Client cannot have a diagnosis of Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder or active psychosis. Bipolar 1 disorder will be considered if the client is stabilized on medications.
- Client must be medically stable
- Client must be ambulatory and able to participate fully in programming
- Client cannot currently be taking benzodiazepines
- Controlled medications will be turned into NorthStar for safe holding and self-administration will be monitored as directed by Medical Director.
- Client cannot be a registered sex offender or awaiting adjudication on a sex related crime.
- Client cannot have been convicted of a violent felony within the immediately preceding five years. Past criminal history will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Residential Intake Items List:
What to bring:
- Hiking boots/snow boots/tennis shoes – A good pair of boots will go a long way for the types of activities we like to do outdoors.
- Snow gear: Hats/Gloves/Scarfs/ski pants/socks/warm clothes – Prepare for the seasons in Colorado. We do like to get outside in the mountain areas for adventure therapy days, so come prepared for the elements!
- Workout clothes/tennis shoes – We go to the YMCA multiple times during the week and do in-house yoga as well.
- Nalgene water bottle – Staying hydrated is super is super important in early recovery and as we are outside often, a water bottle comes in handy.
- Musical Instruments – We love to encourage musical abilities in this environment!
- Sunglasses – We are in and out of the facility often, especially on sunny days!
- Headphones/MP3 player – non-wifi connectable only!
- Cigarettes – We make one nicotine run per week, so bring enough cigarettes to last for the week and money to buy more at that time.
- Hair dryer/curling iron/brushes/combs
What not to bring:
- Anything sharp
*Non-electric razors – any sharp blade – Will be provided by staff when needed
- Any open hygiene products or other bottles
- Anything alcohol based
- Wifi connectable devices, phones, computers
- Workout supplements
- Pets/Service Animals
To begin the admission process, please call 303-558-6400 or click here to verify your insurance benefits.