NorthStar Transitions offers inpatient residential treatment for men only at its Boulder drug and alcohol rehabilitation and addiction treatment facility.
An Intimate and Profound Treatment Experience
NorthStar Transitions residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation center is a small seven client maximum, individualized addiction treatment program serving men over the age of 18. Because of the small size of the treatment center, individuals seeking residential treatment at NorthStar Transitions receive a very intimate and personalized experience
Even with our low number of clients, up to 5 highly trained staff members will be on duty at any given time. This gives clients of NorthStar Transitions residential treatment center a very high staff to client ratio. The residential treatment center is staffed by a full-time clinical director whose sole focus is the clients.
- Working in conjunction with the clinical director is the medical director who is on-call 24/7 and sees each client for up to 1 hour per week while enrolled in residential treatment.
- Working under the guidance of the clinical director and medical director are several masters level licensed clinicians specializing in substance abuse and several techs whom are undergoing training and supervision towards their substance abuse counseling licenses.
Clients seeking treatment at NorthStar Transitions residential treatment center are required to commit to a minimum 28-day length of stay. In some instances, a 14-day length of stay will be considered if the client has completed residential treatment within the immediately preceding six months.
- Admissions decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Clients must be medically appropriate for treatment as determined in NorthStar’s sole discretion.
- A pre-admission assessment will be performed on each prospective client prior to an admissions decision being made.
- NorthStar Transitions does not offer medical detox. Clients who are presently intoxicated will not be admitted.
- All admissions must be pre-scheduled. Please call 303-558-6400 if you are interested in admission.
Most PPO insurance policies will cover the cost of Residential Treatment. To verify your insurance coverage, please enter your insurance information here.
Types of Therapy Offered:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Life Skills Training
- Relapse Prevention Workshop
- Mindfulness Training
- Equine-assisted Therapy
Research shows that physical exercise helps to decrease depression and anxiety and therefore bolster the recovery. Our hope is to help clients to instill positive habits such as physical exercise while in residential treatment. That’s why clients of our residential treatment center are expected to engage in some sort of daily physical activity.
Each morning residential treatment clients will be taken to a local gym or yoga studio to begin their day with physical activity.
On weekends clients may be taken on wilderness hikes close in proximity to the treatment center.
Aftercare planning is crucial to ensuring a client’s continued care after discharging from residential treatment.
A typical aftercare plan will include sober living arrangements and intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) in the client’s home area.
Should a client desire to remain in Boulder for aftercare, NorthStar Transitions offers a 12-week intensive outpatient (IOP) program and works with local sober living homes where clients can reside while engaged in IOP.