The Lodge at NorthStar is a gated, private, luxury lodge only an hours drive from Denver that provides individualized and gender specific residential addiction treatment for men over the age of 18. This treatment location is non-smoking. Because we treat just 15 clients at a time, we’re able to provide men seeking residential treatment with the life-changing opportunity to experience personalized care in a close-knit, supportive environment.
Our 6,500 square foot luxury lodge sits on 53 acres and is surrounded by acres of national forest and rugged terrain. Located 18 miles northwest of Boulder, our secluded, tranquil setting and natural backdrop is the perfect environment for self-reflection and healing.
Admissions at The Lodge at NorthStar
Our individualized approach begins before a client walks through our doors. We take a great deal of care during our admissions process, as we want to be sure each client will truly benefit from staying at the Lodge.
- Admissions decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Clients must be deemed “medically appropriate” for treatment, as determined in NorthStar’s sole discretion.
- All admissions must be pre-scheduled. Please call 303-558-6400 if you are interested in admission.
- We perform a pre-admission assessment on each prospective client prior to an admissions decision being made.
- Residents will experience a variable length of stay in our residential program dependent on their medical necessity and progress. An average length of stay could vary from 25-45 days.
Traditional & Recreational Treatment Programs
*Due to COVID-19. Some restrictions to activities may apply.
Clients who stay at The Lodge at NorthStar experience the best of traditional treatment methods and holistic, experiential therapies. We know that traditional forms of therapy we rely on are rooted in evidence, but research also shows the astounding benefits of experiential, recreational activities. The added element of recreation helps to combat depression and anxiety, bolstering recovery as a result. Residents engage in some form of physical activity each day.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Group therapy
- Relapse prevention workshops
- Experiential Therapy
- Somatic Therapy
Holistic Therapy Programs:
- Mindfulness training
- Life skills training
Recreational Therapy Programs:
- Onsite weight and athletic equipment
We take individualized care very seriously, and it starts with our team. At The Lodge at NorthStar, we pride ourselves on our high staff to client ratio. We are staffed by an extremely talented group of highly trained professionals who strive to provide our clients with the best level of care imaginable.
The men’s residential staff include residential counselors who are on-site 24/7, a full-time Assistant Clinical Director, full and part-time Residential Clinical Therapists, and our Medical Director and Physician’s Assistants who oversee clients at all levels of care at NorthStar.
Assistance Planning for Aftercare
Aftercare planning is crucial to ensuring a client’s continued care and success upon discharging from residential treatment. A typical aftercare plan includes sober living arrangements and intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) in the client’s home area.
Should a client desire to remain in Boulder for aftercare, NorthStar Transitions offers a 12-week intensive outpatient program and works with several local sober living homes where clients can reside while engaged in IOP.
Recover & Reside at NorthStar
Having a safe, supportive environment can make all the difference in a man’s journey to recovery. We’re close to Boulder and Denver, but secluded enough for residents to focus entirely on recovery and healing.
We want our residents to feel comfortable here, and our mountaintop lodge is cozy, welcoming and warm. At NorthStar, you’ll find:
- Gorgeous mountain views
- Spacious common areas
- Gourmet kitchen stocked with fresh food to be prepared by client
- Onsite gym
- An expansive patio with a grill, hammocks and a fire pit
- Chauffeured transportation to and from off-site appointments and meetings
Healing Starts Today
If you or someone you love is ready for recovery, don’t wait. The Lodge at NorthStar can help you continue on your journey to recovery. To learn more about our residential drug and alcohol treatment services, call us 24/7 at 303-558-6400.