Residential treatment centers serve as a comfort zone, making it challenging to return to the real world after living in a community of recovering peers. To ease the stress of transition and reinforce the lessons learned in drug or alcohol treatment, NorthStar Transitions extends its continuum of care with sober living options. In these transitional communities, men 18 and older establish friendships and build healthy routines that serve them well beyond rehab.
Why Choose a Male-Only Sober Home?
Sober communities act as a safety net, enabling you to experience independence with built-in accountability. NorthStar Transitions’ gender informed sober living program addresses the unique needs of male clients while giving them freedom to communicate openly. A single-gender environment allows participants to deal with issues of social roles, anger, or aggression while building relationships with colleagues facing the same concerns. Our sober homes also discourage residents from complicating the early stages of recovery with romantic pursuits.
Features of Men’s Sober Communities
Men living in NorthStar’s updated sober homes receive scheduled Breathalyzer testing, participate in accountability partnerships and attend 12-step group meetings. Our facilities also include these options and amenities:
- Twice a week mandatory 12 step meeting
- Once a week mandatory house meeting including:
- Check ins
- Accountability topics including house rules and sobriety requirements
- Process group around a clinically-based topic coordinated from our treatment team
- Weekly house adventure activity
- Weekly grocery stipend
- Membership to the YMCA of Boulder Valley fitness and recreation center
- Centrally located in Boulder near bus routes & bicycle trails for easy access to grocery stores, malls, restaurants, work, school, volunteer opportunities and entertainment
- Semi-private bed and bathrooms
- Luxurious queen beds
- Premium cable & wi-fi service
- Cell phone & computer access
- Well-equipped food preparation areas
Throughout your lease period, the NorthStar Transitions staff is available to provide occupational and educational support. Over time, clients find that employment, volunteer initiatives and school routines provide a welcome focus and healthy structure upon which to build a life free from chemical dependency. During leisure time, sober living residents can relax with peers, try new hobbies, join intramural sports teams, or hike, camp and rock-climb in the Flatirons or at nearby Rocky Mountain National Park.
Reserve Your Spot in Our Sober Living for Men
When it’s time to make the move from residential treatment to a Boulder, CO sober living home, NorthStar’s admissions team can help. To request a tour of our men’s recovery communities, dial 303.558.6400. For your convenience, you can also contact the admissions team online.