Master’s Level Internship Position
(Applications accepted from Jan 2021 – April 2021)
One-year internship commitment: June 2021 – May 2022
- Roughly 20 hours/week
- All hours to be completed in person
- *Many interns are offered employment upon completion of the internship program.
- Men’s Gender-Informed Residential Level of Care: Ward, CO
- Women’s Gender-Informed Residential Level of Care: Boulder, CO
- Intensive Outpatient Program and Administrative Offices: Boulder, CO*
- These locations are not wheelchair accessible
Site Mission/Population: NorthStar Transitions is an adult dual-diagnosis extended care substance abuse treatment program offering sub-acute detox, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care.
NorthStar Transitions empowers clients with the skills to navigate challenges in addiction recovery and offers opportunities to practice these skills in a therapeutic setting. Through experiential and evidence-based modalities, NorthStar Transitions facilitates highly individualized client-centered care.
Site Provides the Following:
- Clinical experience: Individual and group
- Supervision: Individual, group, and CAC (optional)
Credentials of Site:
- Supervisors: MA (Masters in Counseling), LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), LAC (Licensed Addiction Counselor)
Site Requires the Following:
- Background check
- Drug screening
- Student Liability Insurance
- Once Monthly Mandatory Training
- 3 days onboarding/training June 2021
- Weekly Group Supervision
To apply for an internship position, please fill out this application, AND send Mari Reisberg, your resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Questions Contact:
Site Representative Mari Reisberg, MA, LPC (Director Utilization Review & Intern Liaison)